How Essential are Essential Oils?
Essential oils have been utilized by generations after generations, with the aim of improving physical or mental wellness. These are basically compounds extracted from the plants that retain the natural smell or essence of their source. Unique aromatic compounds give each essential oil its characteristic essence.
There are different ways in which manufacturers extract essential oil. For example :
1) STEAM OR WATER DISTILLATION: In this process, water or hot steam is made to pass through the plants, pulling off the essential compounds away from the plant matter.
2) COLD PROCESSING: This process works by precisely pressing or squeezing the plant matter to make it discharge fundamental juices or oil. A basic example of this would be to smell the fresh scent of lemon after squeezing it.
Once the active compounds have been extracted from the plant matter, they are sometimes added to a carrier oil to obtain a product ready for use.
Essential oils are broadly utilized in aromatherapy. Normally these oils are used either through inhalation or with the help of a diffuser container, spray, oil droplets, or breathed in for example in a steamed bath. Apart from providing a pleasant smell, aromatherapy oils can cause respiratory cleansing, decongestion, and psychological benefits. Inhaling essential oils additionally stimulates parts of the brain connected to smell.
Essential oils are also used as massage oils and bath & skincare products absorbed through the skin. Massaging a particular area with the oil boosts blood circulation and increases absorption. Some argue that the areas that are richer in sweat glands and hair follicles such as the head or palms of the hand may absorb the oil more effectively.
NOTE: INGESTING OR SWALLOWING ESSENTIAL OILS IS NOT RECOMMENDED. IF TAKEN BY MOUTH THE OILS CAN DAMAGE THE LIVER OR KIDNEYS.
Vasu is a leading company in India engaged in the manufacture and marketing of Phyto – Pharmaceutical Therapeutics, OTC, Personal Care, and Herbal supplements since 1980. It is a family-owned but professionally managed company. Vasu offers a full range of specialized products in segments like urology, orthopedics, pediatrics, gynecology, skincare, haircare, etc.
Vasu Healthcare has recently launched herbal skincare range like Face wash, Kumkumadi tailam, and Insta glow cream. These products are made from natural herbal actives and enhance the health of the skin. They are Paraben and Formaldehyde free, non-irritant, and dermatologically safe to use.
Quantity : 10 ml
Price : Rs 399
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and widely used essential oils in aromatherapy. Distilled from the plant Lavandula Angustifolia, the oil promotes relaxation and works on treating anxiety, fungal infection, allergies, depression, insomnia, eczema, nausea, and menstrual cramps.
In essential oil usage, Lavender is a multi-purpose oil. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-microbial properties as well as antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifying, hypotensive, and sedative effects.
Lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty and is commonly used in fragrances and shampoos to help purify the skin.
1) A study found that Lavender oil could be effective in combating fungal infections.
2) Lavender oil is also known to have an acceleratory effect on wound healing.
3) Lavender oil is possibly effective for treating Alopecia Areata. This is a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body. Research shows that Lavender can promote hair growth by up to 44% after seven months of treatment.
4) Lavender oil is one of the most used products to help cure anxiety and stress. It relieves headaches, soothes and relaxes the mind, and promotes restful sleep. Researchers have also found that Lavender scent may help anxious dental patients.
5) Studies show that Lavender aromatherapy could reduce premenstrual emotional symptoms.
6) Lavender essential oil also claims to help ease muscle joint pain, sprains, and backache. Simply massaging a few drops of the essential oil onto the affected area is known to give wondrous results.
Quantity : 10 ml
Price : Rs 399
The tea tree oil comes from the leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia, a small tree native to Queensland and New South Wales, Australia.
The tea tree oil has been used as a traditional medicine by Aborigines for centuries. The native Australians crush tea tree leaves to extract the oil which is then inhaled to treat cough and cold or applied directly to the skin for healing.
Today Tea tree oil is widely available as a 100% undiluted or ‘neat’ oil. Diluted forms are also available ranging from 5-50% strength in products designed for the skin.
The tea tree oil contains a number of compounds that have shown to kill certain bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It also appears to increase the activity of your white blood cells which helps fight germs and other foreign invaders. These germ-fighting properties make tea tree oil a valued natural remedy for treating bacterial and fungal skin conditions preventing infection and promoting healing.
1) Tea tree oil makes an ideal natural hand sanitizer. Studies have shown that it kills several common bacteria and viruses responsible for causing illness.
2) Tea tree oil may help keep insects away. In some cases, it is as effective or more effective than standard insecticides or repellents.
3) Tea tree oil’s antibacterial properties may help control underarm odor caused by perspiration. Tea tree oil’s bacteria-fighting properties make it an ideal natural alternative to natural alternative to commercial deodorants and antiperspirants.
4) Applying a mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil can help prevent minor cuts and abrasions from becoming infected. Tea tree oil may also help speed wound healing by reducing inflammation, skin dryness, and increasing white blood cell activity.
5) Tea tree oil can be a powerful weapon against acne. Several studies have shown that it helps reduce the amount and overall severity of acne. It also keeps the skin young and healthy, thereby improving its appearance.
6) Fungal nail infections are quite common. Although they aren’t dangerous, they can be visually unpleasant. Tea tree oil has been shown to help get rid of nail fungus when used alone or in combination with other natural remedies.
7) Research suggests that the tea tree oil may help fight germs that cause tooth decay and bad breath. Tea tree oil can be diluted with water to create a mouthwash that helps fight bad breath and dental plaque.
8) Tea tree oil may also help relieve inflamed skin. A common form of skin irritation is contact. Dermatitis, which occurs when the skin comes in contact with an allergen. Animal or human research suggests that applying tea tree oil may help reduce the severity of these symptoms.
9) Study suggests that tea tree oil may help reduce the severity of dandruff and dry scalp issues.
10) This multi-purpose oil also has muscle relaxant properties making it useful for massage and aromatherapy.
VASU AROMATICS offers premium quality essential oils, purity certified through Gas Chromatography. These essential oils are 100% pure, natural, and undiluted. Also are absolutely free from added chemicals and artificial fragrances. Since these essential oils are absolutely pure and undiluted, it works very quickly and effectively on skin or hair issues. Please don’t forget to do a patch test before you start using them in your daily routine.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1) Enjoy a refreshing bath by adding a few drops to cold or lukewarm water.
2) Add a few drops to a suitable carrier oil like olive, almond, or coconut oil and gently massage on the required body part to get rid of headache or body pain.
3) Diffuse a few drops to uplift your spirit and get a happiness boost. You can also dilute the essential oils with water and spray to freshen up your room.
References : Google and official website.
This blog is in collaboration with VASU AROMATICS. You can check the rest of their products on their official website.
Also if you like the blog, please do like, share, comment and subscribe.
Thank you, love and hugs ! ♥️